Selling your house in Cork can be made really simple…
Let us help you
5 Tips for Selling Your House Quickly
Thinking of selling your home? House prices in Cork rose by 4.3% in the second quarter of 2018, but in today’s market there’s no guarantee you’ll get that sale overnight. There are however some preparations you can make to ensure you position your home in the best possible light for potential buyers and rise above the competition. Here are our top five tips for selling your house quickly:
1. Ensure your house has an energy efficiency rating
You are legally required to have an energy rating carried out if you are selling your house. A BER certificate will show the overall energy efficiency of your home, and this can be a really crucial aspect for prospective buyers. Buildings are rated on a scale of A-G, with A being the most energy efficient and G being the least. A-rated homes will have the lowest energy bills and is likely to be much warmer than a house with a lower rating, making it much more appealing to buyers. [Grants are available](https://www.seai.ie/grants/home-grants/better-energy-homes/) to improve your home’s energy efficiency, so it may be worth making the investment now to better your chances of selling your home quickly!
2. Stage your home
Many prospective buyers will use sites like Daft and MyHome to research properties before viewing them. High quality photographs of your interior are key, and it’s important to present your home in a way that will increase its appeal. Simple things like decluttering rooms, making the beds and setting the dining table will help you to present your home in the best light. You might also wish to consider giving the rooms a fresh coat of paint in neutral colours such as magnolia or white before viewings begin. This will help prospective buyers to envision living there, whereas this can be more difficult if you have a particularly ‘strong’ taste in colours! Consider also having a professional cleaner to come in prior to viewings to ensure the house is in tip top condition.
3. Don’t forget about the exterior
First impressions are everything, and if the exterior of your home is poorly kept, it can be off putting to potential clients. Ensure front and back lawns are mown and tidy, have paving stones power washed where possible, and check for rubbish or pet fouling around your home. It’s also worth checking the smaller details, such as your mailbox and house number, for damage or wear and tear.
4. Have your documents in order
Ensure you have your house deeds in your possession before listing your house. If it does sell quickly, it’s important to have these documents ready and waiting for the solicitors for a smoother contract negotiation process. If you don’t already have the deeds in your possession, it can take several weeks to have the bank release them, which could delay an otherwise fast process.
5. Choose the right Estate Agent
When you’re selling your home, it’s crucial that you have the right estate agent on your side throughout the process. You can invite a number of agents to assess your property and give it a valuation, and a good estate agent can provide you with solid advice on any potential issues that may arise and what improvements you can make to increase your chances of selling successfully. You will also be able to gain an accurate asking price by calculating the average of each valuation. Be wary of an estate agent that gives a much higher valuation that the others – this may not be accurate and could be just a tactic on their part to get you to commit. A decent estate agent will have a proven track record of sales, and a good reputation locally – you will want to be able to trust them and communicate with them openly.
If you’re considering selling your Cork home, we would love to talk to you. We have xx years of experience in helping homeowners to prepare and sell their homes, and take pride in providing a trustworthy and supportive service to all of our clients.
Let us, the professionals help you sell your house in Cork
Redfords Properties Cork
Are an independently owned letting agent. With a fantastic customer care service, you can be secure in the knowledge that you are in great hands with Redfords.
About Redfords Properties
- Redfords Properties are a well established agency serving Cork City and suburbs.
- The team of agents will handle all aspects of renting and managing your property. From the initial meeting to the successful move in date and ongoing care. Redfords pride themselves in knowing your property and area inside out.
- Excellent presentation. Redfords believe that our advertising and individually tailored online ads will attract the best of tenants for your property. Their vetting skills have been honed over years of experience, to ensure that the “Tenant from Hell” does not enter your property.
- Redfords Properties are independently owned and operate with a professional and committed team with many years of experience in their local areas in Sales, Acquisitions, Lettings and Property Management
- Redfords Properties will help you to get the best possible price when renting your home.
- Redfords Properties promise to deliver exceptional service to you, the landlord, through their professional, energetic and empathic people. Working continuously to ensure every landlords unique needs are understood, valued and delivered upon.
- Quality customer care is a huge focus in Redfords with regular feedback to landlords through every step of the campaign.
Redfords have an existing extensive database of tenants ready to be matched to your property.
Redfords Properties Staff
Redfords Properties staff are chosen not just for their expertise in the Cork market, but for the added value they provide in the process of renting and managing your property. And because they know that negotiating a rent is not the end of a process but where the hard work really begins, their management teams are constantly available to partner with you so they can overcome any challenges that arise.
Take the hassle out of finding tenants